Banking in Canada
Banks, credit unions, trust companies, or caisses populaires are safe places to keep your money.
- Deposits of up to $100,000 in most banks and trust companies are insured by the Canadian government.
- Deposits of up to $100,000 in most caisses populaires are insured by provincial governments.
- Deposit insurance is only available in Canada for Canadian funds held by Canadian banks.
- The bank must tell you if it is not covered by government deposit insurance.
- You should always inquire if the investment product that you are buying is covered by deposit insurance.
Please fill out the form below if you would like to order printed versions of the selected Tool. The tool is free, but shipping and handling will be charged. We will get back to you with the details. If you want to print a PDF version of the tool yourself - please click on the "PREVIEW" link above.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.