MANAGEMENT OF ALCOHOL USE DISORDERS IN OLDER ADULTS:
What Doctors Need to Know
Screening and Identification
Alcohol Consumption History
- Ask all elderly patients at baseline, annual physical
- Elicit a specific weekly consumption
- Convert patient’s response into standard drinks: 12 oz. of beer, 5 oz. of wine, or 1.5 oz. of spirits.
- Ask about patients’ maximum consumption on one day in the past one to three months
- Physical examination and screen for infections and any concurrent medical disorders ( eg anemia, UTI, chest )
Please fill out the form below if you would like to order printed versions of the selected Tool. The tool is free, but shipping and handling will be charged. We will get back to you with the details. If you want to print a PDF version of the tool yourself - please click on the "PREVIEW" link above.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.