Thinking about retiring?
- There are many programs that are created to help seniors with retirement.
- You must apply to the programs in order to get the benefits.
- To learn about some of the government programs for seniors, please read the Accessing and Optimizing Pensions and Public Benefits pocket tool.
- It is important to think about how much money you will need as you retire and age.
- Closely monitor your investment account, and make sure you understand the statements that come from your bank or brokerage firm.
- Many people consider saving for retirement by investing in some type of savings account such as a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) or a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) where the investment income is not taxed while in the account.
QC - Retirement and Savings Options