What is Credit?
- Credit refers to money that is loaned to you for a cost (interest).
- There are many different types of credit, including car loans, bank loans, mortgage loans, credit cards, and loans from friends and family.
Make sure you can afford to pay back the money and interest. Before using any type of credit or loan, make sure you know the:
- Monthly payment amounts.
- Interest rates.
- Length of the loan (the number of months or years it will take to pay off the loan).
- Late payment penalties.
- Fees for going over the limit.
- Total cost of the loan (including interest and all fees).
ON - Credit and Debt Management