Student Poster Competition 2014
Congratulations to the ANKE 2014 Student Poster Competition Winners!!
Undergraduate: Melissa Lee Poster Title: Non-pharmacological Outpatient Interventions for Benzodiazapine Discontinuation in Elderly Persons: A Systematic Review
Masters: Isuri Weerakkody Poster Title: Quality of Death and Dying in Residential Hospices
Doctoral: Jacobi Elliott Poster Title: KT Processes in a Community of Practice for Seniors' Health: The Design and Dementia Case Study
Submission to the poster competition was open to all students, and provided the opportunity to present their graduate studies and/or research in aging.
All submitted abstracts were reviewed and successful applicants presented their posters to the audience during a 'poster viewing' session at the Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange, May 21, 2014.
Prizes were awarded to the best Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD poster.
Posters were judged on the following criteria (criteria 1 to 4 being equally weighted):
1. Quality of the Research (clarity of theoretical perspectives, method, sample, findings, discussion, limitations)
2. Merit of the Research (validity of conclusions, relevancy to field of aging, potential for application)
3. Quality of Abstract and Content (coherence, logical flow, grammar, spelling, concise abstract)
4. Demonstrated Understanding of the Student (recognition of limits of the study, familiar with research context)
5. Special Merit marks awarded for innovative, novel research projects.
For further information please contact
Raza M. Mirza