2019 STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION
Call for abstract submissions to the 14th Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange Student Poster Competition with the National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly
The National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly (NICE) is sponsoring a student poster competition at the 2019 Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in a poster competition, presenting their graduate studies and/or research in aging. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed and successful applicants will be notified to present their poster to the audience during a poster viewing session during the Knowledge Exchange on Thursday May 30th, 2019.
Posters will then be judged with students in attendance (mandatory) on the following criteria (criteria 1 to 4 being equally weighted):
- Quality of the Research (clarity of theoretical perspectives, method, sample, findings, discussion, limitations)
- Merit of the Research (validity of conclusions, relevancy to field of aging, potential for application)
- Quality of Abstract and Content (coherence, logical flow, grammar, spelling, concise abstract)
- Demonstrated Understanding of the Student (recognition of limits of the study, familiar with research context)
- Special Merit marks will be awarded for innovative, novel research projects.
Prizes will be awarded to the best Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD/Professional Student poster. The winning posters will be posted on the NICE website. Professional students include those students from medicine, pharmacy, nursing, public health and other related programs.
Submit your Abstract
The deadline for submitting your abstract has been extended to
Thursday May 16th, 2019 at 5:00pm.
If your submission is accepted, you will receive notification by Tuesday May 21st, 2019.
Please note that the maximum size for posters is 3' wide by 3' high. Accepted posters larger than this size will be disqualified from the poster competition.
A special reduced cost for poster has been negotiated with UTPoster.com and Alicos Copy Centre. Printing costs of posters will not be covered. For further information on the poster competition or special printing costs please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 416-978-7065.