STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION
Submit Your Abstracts to the 2016 Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange (ANKE) Poster Competition!
Call for Abstracts for the NICE Student Poster Competition ANKE 2016
The National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly is sponsoring a student poster competition at the Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange 2016.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in a poster competition, presenting their graduate studies and/or research in aging. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed and successful applicants will be notified to present their poster to the audience during a 'poster viewing' session during the Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange, May 26th, 2016.
Posters will then be judged with students in attendance (mandatory) on the following criteria (criteria 1 to 4 being equally weighted):
- Quality of the Research (clarity of theoretical perspectives, method, sample, findings, discussion, limitations)
- Merit of the Research (validity of conclusions, relevancy to field of aging, potential for application)
- Quality of Abstract and Content (coherence, logical flow, grammar, spelling, concise abstract)
- Demonstrated Understanding of the Student (recognition of limits of the study, familiar with research context)
- Special Merit marks will be awarded for innovative, novel research projects.
Prizes will be awarded to the best Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD/ Professional Student poster. The winning posters will be posted on the NICE website. Professional students include those students from medicine, pharmacy, nursing and other programs.
To enter the competition, please submit your abstract below.
The deadline for submitting your abstract is 5:00pm Friday April 29th, 2016.
If your submission is accepted, you will receive notification by May 4th, 2016.
Please note that the maximum size for posters is 3' wide by 3' high. Accepted posters larger then this size will be disqualified from the poster competition.
A special reduced poster printing fee has been negotiated with UTPoster.com. Printing costs of posters will not be covered.
For further information please contact Raza M. Mirza via email at email@example.com or via telephone at 416-978-2197.