Student Poster Competition 2015
Congratulations to the ANKE 2015 Student Research Poster Competition Winners!!
Undergraduate: Melissa Booker
Affiliation: University of Toronto, Health Studies Program
Poster Title: Depicting How Ageism Influences the Delivery of Sexual Health Services to Older Adults: A Review
Masters: Laura Thompson
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
Poster Title: Ecological Validity of Prospective Memory Tasks in Aging and Cognitive Impairment
Doctoral: Dorothy Hasinoff
Affiliation: University of Toronto
Poster Title: Declines in Income and Health Among Mid- and Later-life Canadians
Doctoral: Christine Sheppard
Affiliation: University of Waterloo
Poster Title: A Systematic Review of Montessori Methods for Persons with Dementia
(ANKE2015 Student Research Poster Competition Winners: left, Dorothy Hasinoff, PhD; centre, Melissa Booker, Undergraduate; right, Laura Thompson, Masters; not present: Christine Sheppard, PhD student)
Submission to the poster competition was open to all students, and students were provided the opportunity to present their undergraduate or graduate studies level research in aging.
All submitted abstracts were reviewed and successful applicants presented their posters to the audience during 'poster viewing' sessions at the Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange, May 28, 2015.
Prizes were awarded to the best Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD poster.
Posters were judged by a panel of three judges on the following criteria (criteria 1 to 4 being equally weighted):
1. Quality of the Research (clarity of theoretical perspectives, method, sample, findings, discussion, limitations)
2. Merit of the Research (validity of conclusions, relevancy to field of aging, potential for application)
3. Quality of Abstract and Content (coherence, logical flow, grammar, spelling, concise abstract)
4. Demonstrated Understanding of the Student (recognition of limits of the study, familiar with research context)
5. Special Merit marks awarded for innovative, novel research projects.
For further information please contact
Raza M. Mirza
ANKE2015 Student Research Poster Competition prizes generously provided by Kobo, Inc.